NH peeps

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by chadsara, Oct 19, 2012.

1. chadsara

chadsara Junior Member

Hi all this is my first post and wanted to see if there are any other NH folks out there :)

2. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

How many chickens do you have? We have about 50 different kinds .

3. WeeLittleChicken

WeeLittleChicken Active Member

Do you mean the breed or the state? I'm in NH, but I don't have any New Hampshire chickens! :)

4. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

I live in Alton, NH! We don't have any NH chickens either!

5. WeeLittleChicken

Alton aye? That's quite up there! We're in Rindge... you know that little town on the MA border no one's ever heard of. :rolleyes:

6. chadsara

chadsara Junior Member

I only have about 20 birds and no i dont have any NH reds either lol..Im looking to sell 7 BRocks if any one is looking

7. chadsara

chadsara Junior Member

what breeds do you guys have .. I have Silkies,Wellies, Cochins, B rocks,lorps, Wyandottes.:D

8. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

We also have Silkies, Cochins, Easter Eggs, Anconas , Speckled Sussex, Silver Laced Wyndottes, Speckled Hamburgers, 9 Guinea hens and 3 Peking Ducks, 2 rabbits and 1 goat!

9. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

Where are you located at? I will send out the word about your chickens for sale. How much are you asking?

10. chadsara

chadsara Junior Member

Im right next to WeeLittleChicken ..in Fitzwilliam. Asking $5 each or trade for some chickens i would lve to have:eek:
    ETA: Does any of you have anything in the bator? Ive got 16 silkie eggs cooking right now due to hatch in a week!

11. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Got 4 chickens yesterday at the Faire. I have a lovely pair if Buff Rocks, a white crested polish Bantam, and a red comet (sex-linked). Not a bad start. Oldest is a year. Roo is 4 months and very gentle.

12. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

Energyvet, what fair did you attend ? Are you from NH too?
    Chadsara, you are making me jealous with your Silkie chicks! We have a 2 sets of white silkies and they haven't laid an egg in months. I want to hatch some but have none to hatch!

13. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Kau, I went to the Sussex County Faire in NJ. I'm from NJ. If you look under the thread Energyvet, you'll see the photos I posted.

Here's my new Roo, Napoleon. He's a buff rock.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  14. chadsara

chadsara Junior Member

I cant wait to see what colors i get!

15. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

What color are the parents? What do you do with them? How long have you been hatching them?
    Do you have any pics ?

image-3420298462.jpg

Edith and Archie

image-4283733313.jpg

Oscar (very nice!)

16. chadsara

chadsara Junior Member

Buffs covered by blue? I think thats what coler the roo is. Im going to keep some and sell some. I havent hatched in a long time but i have done it a lot!! i dont know how to put pics on yet

17. chadsara

chadsara Junior Member

2012-09-14 16.18.49.jpg
    Some of the chickens:)

18. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

They are so fluffy! What kind of babies are in the picture? Do you keep your Silkie's in a different coop?

19. chadsara

chadsara Junior Member

No idea what the little ones are lol got them for free with the momma.. No they are all in the same coop right now he is the only boy in there so i know they are pure

20. WeeLittleChicken

Our laying flock consists of Dark Cornish, Light Brahmas, Dark Brahma, Barred Rocks, Partridge Rocks, Buff Orpingtons, and then separately I have 5 Seramas and two of their chicks (with eggs in the incubator!)

Here's a pic of our laying flock this summer when they were going their their awkward stage. :)
    [​IMG]

And here's my two Serama chicks who are starting to show a lot of personality at a month of age.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]