Chicken Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Artfulwings
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, finally decided to check you all out after seeing you on facebook, i am also on BYC, but this forum is wonderful! I live in eastern oklahoma, and when hubby retired(Navy 23 years) i went back to school got my art degree, then graduated and hubby suggested we get a few chickens, after all ten acres and no livestock- well that was 4 years ago and the addiction at current count is 22 in the layer flock, EEs and a mix of breeds, Bantams 9, silkies, seramas, faverolles - yep... seriously addicted

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
Hello there artsy1, and this place is ALOT nicer place to be than BYC! Glad to have you here. What a handsome fellow in your avatar!!

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hello & welcome aboard the forum. This is the place to be for chick-addicts where we can all know we are normal. :D

·
Artfulwings
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the welcome! The format on byc gives this old computer problems- so here i am to enable anyone thinking of chickens!LOL! That avatar is my Joe, a serama, I lost him a couple weeks ago, he was my buddy! I've lost quite a few this year and its never easy- I love anything with feathers...:)

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Welcome Artsy. Chickenland is much better than BYC. I visit them all and this place is still the best (with the exception of a few meanies.)

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
this a great forum, very friendly and plenty of people with years of chicken keeping knowledge

·
Artfulwings
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Tony!!

yeah, i have this site one of the firsts in my morning routine...:)

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
Yeah, I've been on BYC, and didn't like it, and I am a member of another flock also, but not so much lately. I have 4 homepages that open up, and this and FB are 2 of them! LOVE IT, and I haven't met the meanies yet!! Unless I'm one, and I don't think so...:p

·
Artfulwings
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I've been on BYC, and didn't like it, and I am a member of another flock also, but not so much lately. I have 4 homepages that open up, and this and FB are 2 of them! LOVE IT, and I haven't met the meanies yet!! Unless I'm one, and I don't think so...:p
yep, i'm a facebook addict too- first place i go in the morning with my cup of coffee!LOL!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts