newby from Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by artsy1, Dec 16, 2012.

1. artsy1

artsy1 Artfulwings

Hi everyone, finally decided to check you all out after seeing you on facebook, i am also on BYC, but this forum is wonderful! I live in eastern oklahoma, and when hubby retired(Navy 23 years) i went back to school got my art degree, then graduated and hubby suggested we get a few chickens, after all ten acres and no livestock- well that was 4 years ago and the addiction at current count is 22 in the layer flock, EEs and a mix of breeds, Bantams 9, silkies, seramas, faverolles - yep... seriously addicted

2. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Hello there artsy1, and this place is ALOT nicer place to be than BYC! Glad to have you here. What a handsome fellow in your avatar!!

3. Lissa

Lissa Junior Member

Welcome to Chicken Forum! Love your flock mix! I am addicted too! :)

4. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hello & welcome aboard the forum. This is the place to be for chick-addicts where we can all know we are normal. :D

5. rob

rob New Member

hello and welcome aboard :)

6. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Buhahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Normal. Got it. ;)

7. artsy1

artsy1 Artfulwings

Thank you all for the welcome! The format on byc gives this old computer problems- so here i am to enable anyone thinking of chickens!LOL! That avatar is my Joe, a serama, I lost him a couple weeks ago, he was my buddy! I've lost quite a few this year and its never easy- I love anything with feathers...:)

8. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Welcome Artsy. Chickenland is much better than BYC. I visit them all and this place is still the best (with the exception of a few meanies.)

9. Tony-O

Tony-O New Member

Howdy Artsy Robin. Good to see you here as well. I think you'll enjoy this place too.

Tony O, also on BYC

:cool:

10. rob

rob New Member

this a great forum, very friendly and plenty of people with years of chicken keeping knowledge

11. artsy1

artsy1 Artfulwings

Hi Tony!!

yeah, i have this site one of the firsts in my morning routine...:)

12. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Yeah, I've been on BYC, and didn't like it, and I am a member of another flock also, but not so much lately. I have 4 homepages that open up, and this and FB are 2 of them! LOVE IT, and I haven't met the meanies yet!! Unless I'm one, and I don't think so...:p

13. artsy1

artsy1 Artfulwings

yep, i'm a facebook addict too- first place i go in the morning with my cup of coffee!LOL!

14. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

No Fuzz! IMO you're the best! :)

15. BuckeyeChickens

BuckeyeChickens New Member

Welcome & Greetings from Ohio....the Buckeye state!!!
    I'm talking the "Buckeye Chicken" NOT the worthless nut!!!