Chicken Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Duluth, MN! My name is Laura and my roommate and I are the proud owners of two chicks! They were a gift to us from her father. We have been talking about getting chickens for a while, and now we have them and we are very excited. It is just sooner than we expected. I am here just trying to learn all I can about chickens, and this looked like a perfect place to start!

·
Registered
250 Posts
moosie35 said:
Greetings from Duluth, MN! My name is Laura and my roommate and I are the proud owners of two chicks! They were a gift to us from her father. We have been talking about getting chickens for a while, and now we have them and we are very excited. It is just sooner than we expected. I am here just trying to learn all I can about chickens, and this looked like a perfect place to start!
Welcome, and congrats on the new little chickies!! If you have any questions feel free! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I have two barred rock chickens. Maybe about 6 weeks old? One has started developing a comb and the other is just showing signs of one too. They are Inez and Odette.

·
Registered
772 Posts
moosie35 said:
I think I have two barred rock chickens. Maybe about 6 weeks old? One has started developing a comb and the other is just showing signs of one too. They are Inez and Odette.
Pics? Only way we can tell.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Pic twoooooo!
One on the left is a rooooooo!
I think they are dominiques,
So wait until they are...
OLDER!
Then post more 'piqs!'
:D

·
Banned
825 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought it was probably too soon to tell too. We are building their coop today, it is very exciting. Does anyone recommend an amount of food for them? I don't want to over feed the chicks!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
They are doubling their weight every 4 or 5 days, don't worry about overfeeding them. Make sure that they have plenty of chick grit and sand. Also, try feeding them
cabbage and lettuce (sliced cole-slaw style) and enjoy the show.

·
Registered
772 Posts
ReTIRED said:
MUCH TOO SOON to say that.

WELCOME ! from New Mexico
-ReTIRED-:)
Sorry, maybe I got carried away, but it looks like a roo with the big comb, and they look like my doms. Might be wrong. I admit, my post was a bit arrogant

I apologize.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Congratulations and welcome from Cat Spring, TX. I am a newbie too with 12 pullets who are 12 days old. Enjoy your journey into chicken keeping!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts