Chicken Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ! I'm new to the site. I have been reading it for a week or better now and finally signed up. My little girl and I are going to pick up our chicks on Sunday. I'm so excited. I can't wait. I think I have everything I need : feed, feeder, waterer, pine shavings, heat lamp and tote to put them in. If you all see something I'm missing I would appreciate the input. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to get those but neither my tsc or coop had them. So I'm going to order them and put them in the coop

·
441 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you're all set to go. Be sure your tote is large enough that they can get away from the heat source if they get too warm, you'll want a top that keeps noisy pets out but allows for ventilation on it too. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I'm pretty sure my tote is big enough, we're are only getting six chicks. I had wondered though so I was planning to keep an I on them just to make sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the wonderful world of chickens! B prepared when u 1st get ur chicks to not b able to keep ur hands off them! That's how cute they r! But the more u handle them the better they will b around u. It's actually like watching chicken t.v.! Lol! U never know what they will do next!

The things that I needed, that I didn't have, when I got my chickens & chicks was medical supplies. Such as: Antibiotics (comes in a package of dried powder), probiotic powder (digestive supplement for chicks), Sav-A-Chick (electrolyte & vitamin supplement) styptic powder or blood stop powder & Bannixx (anti-fungal, anti-bacterial). Chickens r notoriously getting themselves into "situations" & there r predators, so it doesn't hurt to b prepared, u know? "). I'm new to this site also, by the way!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts