Chicken Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just received my first chicks yesterday. one has been scratching at both sides of head then raises up falls onto back and starts flopping around. Gave it some water with electrolytes using a syringe. Eating and pooping, have it isolated. What more can I do?

·
Registered
126 Posts
It sounds lime your chick is having seizures. There is not much you can do for it besides what you are doing currently

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for input. I'm going to nurse it for a few days. It has a few good hours, then an episode. Maybe it will get better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Little chicks episodes got closer together so I decided to let my husband cull her. I'm a wimp when it comes to that. Get attached to animals way to quick. But on the bright side, the other 19 chicks are doing great.

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I know it's hard, but really I think it was the most humane choice. That's not a fun way to live. Poor quality of life. Your choice was a gift. No more suffering. Sorry that it still hurts your heart. I share your sadness, my friend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. I feel better about it today. Was spending so much time with the sick one that I missed watching the others grow. Was amazed this morning at just how much they've grown in such a few short days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts