Chicken Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am expecting my chicks the first week of April and have been reading everything about chickens I can get my hands on. I am a small animal vet in NY (Long Island), so it has been awhile since the 5 days of chicken stuff they teach you in vet school. Your forum has been a wonderful resource in helping me prepare . Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
It sounds so fun being a vet!!! I'm glad we helped u!! I am new to chickens too....just got my first set of chicks!! Have fun with ur chicks
Olivia

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard! What kind of chicks are you getting? You're going to just love having chickens!!! They're the best entertainment and just a lot of fun.

·
Yaya
284 Posts
catmovet said:
Hello, I am expecting my chicks the first week of April and have been reading everything about chickens I can get my hands on. I am a small animal vet in NY (Long Island), so it has been awhile since the 5 days of chicken stuff they teach you in vet school. Your forum has been a wonderful resource in helping me prepare . Thanks
ready? Just a few weeks til you are a chick mom!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A black jersey giant, an australorp, a buff brahma, a Dominique, a partridge Cochin and a barred Plymouth Rock. All hens, I can't wait til they come. I am running around getting the brooder ready in the shower, starting coop construction and getting chick starter feed and grit. It is like having a sextuplets, but with beaks.

·
Yaya
284 Posts
7chicks said:
Hello and welcome aboard! What kind of chicks are you getting? You're going to just love having chickens!!! They're the best entertainment and just a lot of fun.
ditto that!
Wish I'd had time to study up before I was gifted. Learning on the fly, so to speak, I lost two to hawk, one tiny one one to just falling out of the coop hatch, and one to (probably) insufficient shelter from Sandy. I expected my little coop to be dry enough. Ended up putting them, coop and all, in the garage for winter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts