Chicken Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
As always when signing onto a forum proper etiquette is to introduce ones self to other enthusiasts with the common interest. I'm Leroy and reside in Southern NH. I just acquired a used brooder/tractor coop that I bartered firewood in exchange. I'm in process of rebuilding the coop to a much better design to make it predator proof and handle to worst of weather conditions New England especially our winters. The coop is structurally framed well and has been used extensively by previous owner. I've removed the exterior and power washed the inside. I'm raising the coop up off the ground and relocating the tractor pull system out of the coop to below the structure. I added a few pictures of the coop as it sat on the previous owners pen. The hinged roof is removed so I could free up the tractor pull assembly covered in chicken poop. When done then I'll take the next steps to buying chicks or if someone may be selling a small young flock I'd consider it. Meantime I'll begin to educate myself reading about coop designs for more ideas and raising chickens. Most I've spoken with say it's fairly easy so I shouldn't have much difficulty compared to another hobby I take interest in, propagating salt water reef corals and breeding African Cichlids, two of many other hands on hobbies I have. Well off I go to like a sponge to water and begin this journey with all on board. :)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts