Chicken Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! My wife and I just got our first six and are really excited almost more than our kids! We live in Lisbon Falls Maine. We got 4 Amber links and 2 Red sex links. We never realized how cute and fun these little buggers are! I'll be taking my first attempt at coop building this weekend. Let the good times roll.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By being predator proof, I'm assuming the best way to do that is to elevate it up off the ground. I'm thinking about lifting it about 18" off the ground. That would be enough, correct?

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
That would be fantastic!!! That way nothing can dig in or under. Great job!! Just make it bigger than what you think you need, because chicken math is different then normal math.

1 chick plus 1 chick means that you need to go to the feed store and they are selling fuzzy chicks there, so you end up with 4 more, then you see 2 more at the flea market...

chicken math!

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Chicken math....I only want 6 ...and before you know it you have 11 and are hatching 6 more under a broody hen. Lol. Welcome!

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I was describing myself up there in that post. Thought I'd like 6, soon I'll have like close to 30. Way way more than I anticipated. Not even sure I can handle that many. So much for gardening.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts