New to forums, not chickens;

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CharlieEcho, Nov 25, 2012.

1. CharlieEcho

CharlieEcho Junior Member

Hello; We grew up with grandparents that lived in the country and raised chickens. My grandparents sold eggs to a local grocery store. Our kids raised chickens, ducks, and rabbits in 4-H, on a small rural country lot.

In the past few years, our kids are grown and we have grandkids now, we have began to develop an interest in our chickens. We've had a few for quite sometime, but now I'm retired.

We live in the country on 1.75 acres in central Illinois, with a big barn and a newly constructed chicken coop built in replace of an old hog house. We raise a lot more eggs than we can eat and give them away to elderly people in the area. We currently have 25 hens, two roosters, four ducks, two rabbits, one cat and one dog. And, perhaps and unwanted opposum in our large barn.
    edit= forgot our Peacock.

So, HI!

My wife doesn't compute yet. Maybe this forum will bring her around to the 21st century. I'll post some pictures as we become more familiar with the sight. We have lots of stories to tell.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  2. jen3910

jen3910 New Member

Hello and welcome :). I'm from the far nw Chicago burbs. Sounds like you will be plenty busy - enjoy your retirement!

3. kahiltna_flock

kahiltna_flock New Member

Welcome, and I can wait to hear the stories.

4. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hello CharlieEcho! Welcome from Michigan. Looking forward to your posts and pics. :)

5. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Hello and welcome CE.