Chicken Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I've been steered to the forum, by my good friend Bird_Slave.
I'm happy to be here, looks like a great group.
I've had chickens for about 10 years now, on the outskirts of Seattle. Usually a small suburban flock of 3-5 hens. Right now I have 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Sicilian Buttercup and 2 Easter Eggers. The rainy season has started and going to spend a little time here, getting to know you all.
I'm originally from Alaska, but have lived here for 30+years. My user name is the Tlingit word for chicken, or as close as it gets. It's closer to Spruce Grouse. (Well, of course it is. lol)
I hope you are all having great days,
Kaax

·
441 Posts
Oh no, not my partner in crime! These nice people are under the impression that I'm a good egg! :D
Welcome my dear friend. As the other forum members will find, you have alot to offer in chicken knowledge and a wonderful personality to match. :)

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh no, not my partner in crime! These nice people are under the impression that I'm a good egg! :D
Welcome my dear friend. As the other forum members will find, you have alot to offer in chicken knowledge and a wonderful personality to match. :)
Got'em fooled doncha? :cool:

Thank you for the welcome BS. :b

Kaax

Had to google kalhitna, I think I was from way south of there, the panhandle. I did spend one winter in Anchorage. One winter was enough. lol

Thank you 7chicks

·
Registered
839 Posts
kaax said:
Got'em fooled doncha? :cool:

Thank you for the welcome BS. :b

Kaax

Had to google kalhitna, I think I was from way south of there, the panhandle. I did spend one winter in Anchorage. One winter was enough. lol

Thank you 7chicks
Yeah the pan handle is a bit more temperate. I am in eagle river just north of anchorage. The winters keep getting longer and longer the more time I live here. Dipped below zero last night, brrrrr. Kids are grown, hubby and I are thinking of finding a warmer place to live.

·
441 Posts
Yeah the pan handle is a bit more temperate. I am in eagle river just north of anchorage. The winters keep getting longer and longer the more time I live here. Dipped below zero last night, brrrrr. Kids are grown, hubby and I are thinking of finding a warmer place to live.
That's what I keep telling Kaax, as he gets older (than dirt).
Y'all do know there are places where it isn't freezing or raining non-stop, don't ya? ;)

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I keep telling Kaax, as he gets older (than dirt).
Y'all do know there are places where it isn't freezing or raining non-stop, don't ya? ;)
I am not older than dirt. We are the same age. I just look a bit older since that horrible botox incident. :p

Kaax

·
93 Posts
Hi from Lynden, WA!! I have a cousin who lives in Wasilla, used to live in North Pole. I have been up there a couple times! Beautiful!!

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
Hi kaax and welcome! In NW Alabama, it was a breezy 65 today with plenty of sunshine, and tomorrow it is supposed to be in the low 70's here. Lots of sun, too. Rainy season, huh? That drips!! :p Glad to have you around here!

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi and thanks lorindaeb, Whatcom is a beautiful area.

fuzziebutt, let's switch weather. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Kaax

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Someone could send a few degrees up here, dipped below zero again last night....
It'll probably warm up there, the same time it stops raining here.

-May

Kaax

1 - 18 of 18 Posts