Chicken Forum banner

381 - 387 of 387 Posts

·
Serama King
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #382
The first call duck egg of the season was laid today---in the muscovys nest.

Last week I was looking for call duck hatching eggs locally. A guy who emails a lot about serama (he's new to them) said his brother had call ducks (the owner of the white call duck I refused). The guy wanted $5 each for eggs; $60 a dozen. I did not buy of course and do not plan on helping them again with serama.

·
Administrator
18,194 Posts
Does he have any clue who he's dealing with?

OK, now what? Will you let the muscovy hatch the egg or try to convince the call needs to relocate?

·
Serama King
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
Does he have any clue who he's dealing with?

OK, now what? Will you let the muscovy hatch the egg or try to convince the call needs to relocate?
Yes. The guy, Mark, has been asking my help to get started with serama. He knows well how much I wanted the call hatching eggs and he will find that I have special prices just for him. Brother does what Mark says. He rather cut his own throat on this.

Tonight I candle the call eggs from WV. I'm hoping.

I will collect the call eggs and have bantams brood or use the incubator. I'm rather sure that when Betty starts to brood the call hen will get her eviction notice.

·
Administrator
18,194 Posts
I keep losing track of what all you've got going on. I forgot about the call eggs.

Burnt bridges and all that implies. He'd be best off forgetting he knows you.

·
Serama King
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
I keep losing track of what all you've got going on. I forgot about the call eggs.

Burnt bridges and all that implies. He'd be best off forgetting he knows you.
Yes that would be best and I will file him away as TN.

381 - 387 of 387 Posts