Chicken Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got weak.... saw a photo of this rooster on craigslist and said, "I must have him! I have the perfect girl for him!" So here's Patroclus my new Serama rooster. I just have one question - what color is this?? I know it's lacing but it seems.... backwards.... I mean aren't they usually white feathers with black outlines not the other way 'round? Is there a word for this? Or have I found a freak chicken? :D

Annnd while I was there I saw this strange little pullet and well.... her name is Deidamia now - DD for short. Also have no idea what she is. Ideas?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am new to chickens and Seramas, but I would have snatched up these two also :) Cuties. I'm interested in the answers you receive.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I got weak.... saw a photo of this rooster on craigslist and said, "I must have him! I have the perfect girl for him!" So here's Patroclus my new Serama rooster. I just have one question - what color is this?? I know it's lacing but it seems.... backwards.... I mean aren't they usually white feathers with black outlines not the other way 'round? Is there a word for this? Or have I found a freak chicken? :D

Annnd while I was there I saw this strange little pullet and well.... her name is Deidamia now - DD for short. Also have no idea what she is. Ideas?

..."lacing: Feathers appear traced around the edges with a contrasting color, such as black, blue, white or silver"...so I would construe to be a black laced Seramo. Not a freak, just rare. Almost as good.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awe, thanks everyone. I thought they were gorgeous too. I usually stay away from Craigslist but I was listing some of my extra roos and well.... why not check it while I'm there? :rolleyes:

I have been trying to look up the rooster's coloring. Nothing comes up with black laced, although that is a sensible name/guess. I don't know about the girl either. I've never seen a blue chicken so I don't know what the difference is between blue and gray? (Or if there is a difference?) I saw her mother who was the same color and she seems to have been a solid colored bird with a pattern on her body... like a partridge but her head was wrong for that. It was odd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts