Chicken Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow what I am learning and relearning from the internet. Back in the day when my kids were 4-H'rs in MI we raise chickens. Now I live in KY and am starting over so leaning new ways and discovering new breeds is what I am about. In addition I also raise wool sheep but switching over to hair sheep.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hello & welcome aboard. We're happy to have you join us. What part of MI did you used to live in? I'm in the UP near Escanaba. So many breeds of chickens to choose from. I joined here and learned about a whole bunch more I wish I had room to add. Wish this forum was in existence when I was first starting out. Lots of helpful threads on here and lots of ready to help members. Now I'm here reading up everything I can on ducks. Brought home 2 baby Pekin's on a spur of the moment decision last Friday. I didn't much of a clue other than what the people who have them at my local Tractor Supply Store told me. Apyl has been my blessing on helping me through. :D (Apyl is another moderator on here.) I hope you enjoy the forum and if you have any questions, just ask. :)

·
172 Posts
Wow what I am learning and relearning from the internet. Back in the day when my kids were 4-H'rs in MI we raise chickens. Now I live in KY and am starting over so leaning new ways and discovering new breeds is what I am about.
I'm with you here as this is my third time in my life to raise chickens. First time with ALL this available info off the web. I think I sound old when I say "it is amazing!". But so much fun.
Welcome, and let the learning begin; again.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello & welcome aboard. We're happy to have you join us. What part of MI did you used to live in? I'm in the UP near Escanaba. . :)
Our MI farm is in the Thumb 6 miles below I69 halfway between Flint and Port Huron. My daughter and her family now live there, her husband is clueless about farming but learning quick. Her oldest who is in his 20s and medically retired grew up there but I didn't have birds then. His much younger sister and brother are all into it. They are excited daily to collect the eggs.

I am now on the top of a mountain in Western KY

·
Registered
231 Posts
shantiquarian said:
Wow what I am learning and relearning from the internet. Back in the day when my kids were 4-H'rs in MI we raise chickens. Now I live in KY and am starting over so leaning new ways and discovering new breeds is what I am about. In addition I also raise wool sheep but switching over to hair sheep.
So cool! Good luck in ky!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts