New from NW Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by julieb, Nov 28, 2012.

1. julieb

julieb New Member

Hi Everyone! I am excited to discover this great website. I love my chickens, eleven hens and three roosters. They live in my old Pennsylvania bank barn with four horses, several spayed and neutered cats, myself and my partner (in an apartment in the loft), three dogs and two pampered (also neutered) house cats. I added my coop to the coop page although it really isn't a coop. It is a chicken wire enclosed box stall at the far end of the barn, away from the horses. There is a door to a large outdoor run where the girls (and boys) can pick lots of fresh worms and bugs, take dust baths and get lots of sunshine.
    I have a new neighbor, Beth, who will undoubtedly join when she hears about this group. She too loves chickens and we are talking about pooling resources to raise endangered chickens, possibly black copper marans. We also dream of having some exotic sheep. Perhaps Border Leiscester? We will see. Anyway, thanks for letting me join. I look forward to reading and hearing from all of you fellow chicken lovers!

2. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hi Julieb! Welcome from Michigan! What a wonderful project to take on you and your friend are looking at doing! Glad to have you join us. :D

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Hi. I'm in Nj so not too far from you. Welcome!

5. LICHICK28

LICHICK28 New Member

Just found this site today. I've been breeding silkies for 11 yrs now. We live on long island, New York

Attached Files:

6. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Hi Lichick28. I'm in NJ near Sandy Hook. Nice to see you here. I have a silkie Roo who needs some hens. Maybe we could hook up?

7. LICHICK28

LICHICK28 New Member

roo hook up

I don't know if my Presley & Memphis would like another roo coming to visit their girls. I have a dozen three month olds that I will put up for sale in the spring though if you are interested in good quality silkies. So far 11 look very much like hens/1 roo. My sexing has been correct 99% at 3-4 months old but I'm waiting until spring to be sure & see what I am going to keep for myself.