Chicken Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! I am new to the forum, but I have lurked for a while and finally got brave enough to join! I am new to chicken keeping, something I have wanted to do for a long time. It started out as a project for school for my youngest son in an Agriculture class and I had no idea I would get so much joy from my "babies" I am learning something all the time, and I am hooked! We currently have 2 RIR hens, a RIR Roo (a surprise) 2 EE's, 1 Black Sexlink, and 3 Guineas. So Happy to be here!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Kimmy! Welcome from a fellow North Carolinian. This is a wonderful place to learn new things and share stories & information with others. Everyone is so friendly :). What kind of chickens do you raise?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Kimmy! Welcome from a fellow North Carolinian. This is a wonderful place to learn new things and share stories & information with others. Everyone is so friendly :). What kind of chickens do you raise?
I have 2 RIR's, a RIR Roo, 1 Black Sexlink, 2 Easter Eggers and 3 Guineas. The are so much fun! They are my first chickens, and when I first found they had started laying - you'd think it was Christmas morning!

I tell my hubby how much they love me - they come running when they see me - he thinks I'm nuts!!! (I know they are looking for a treat, but hey - I like to think it is my magnetic personality :D
I have learned so much from reading here - and you are right everyone is so very friendly. I look forward to learning more!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts