new comer

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Ailig, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Ailig

Ailig New Member

im new to this forum, just have three hens in a small coop in my garden but we stay well out in the stick five miles to the next house.

I stay in Scotland UK

2. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

Welcome!! I'm beginning to think that only people who have chickens understand people who have chickens.

Many people think I'm the crazy chicken lady, I was caught by a passerby lecturing several hens in the front yard the other day. Wow. the look on their face!! They have never had chickens!!

3. rob

rob New Member

i was talking to my chickens today, the neighbour thought i had gone mad lol. they just dont understand :D

4. sharkbait

sharkbait New Member

I talk to mine every day. lol

5. rob

rob New Member

i suppose its when they answer back we have to worry ;)

6. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

My neighbors take pictures of me sitting in my coop and send them to my other neighbors lol
    I'm definitely the crazy chicken lady!
    The other day I was giving them cold watermelon rinds. Well one piece in particular still had about 2" of watermelon on it so I took a big ole bite...as I was eating the melon I looked around to see if anyone had just snapped a picture of me eating the chicken food! Lol in my defense, it was fresh watermelon that I had JUST cut!!!
    Yeah, I'm the crazy chicken lady lol

7. goatgal

goatgal New Member

I have an old glider out by the chicken pens, where I sit, drink iced tea and just watch and talk to my girls. Some neighbors think it's cute, some think I'm crazy. I don't really care!

8. rob

rob New Member

im with you mate, i dont realy care what people think, its my chickens that i care about :D

9. cogburn

cogburn New Member

I talk to them all... From my Little bitties up to my big hens.. To someone listening (not possible because I live in the boonies, no close neighbors) they would definitely think I was crazy, and ya know I wouldn't argue too much. I may be a little off.. But that's just how I roll.... Lol.

Attached Files: