Chicken Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up 3 new chickens yesterday and added them to my coop along with my 4 wyandottes and the wyandottes are not liking it.. The wyandottes stay in the run while the new birds stay in the run. Every once In a while my new buff will come out and 2 go after it and it runs right back in the coop, is this normal???? I moved my chicken tractor right by the back door so I can keep a eye on them.. I just don't want my birds to get hurt what should I do

·
Registered
3 Posts
redneckcgil29 said:
Picked up 3 new chickens yesterday and added them to my coop along with my 4 wyandottes and the wyandottes are not liking it.. The wyandottes stay in the run while the new birds stay in the run. Every once In a while my new buff will come out and 2 go after it and it runs right back in the coop, is this normal???? I moved my chicken tractor right by the back door so I can keep a eye on them.. I just don't want my birds to get hurt what should I do
I just added 4 new chickens but I have them in my small coop which sits right next to my large coop. This way they can see and hear each other and maybe get use to each other. I will keep them separated for about 5 days to reduce the pecking order fighting.

·
106 Posts
Getting aquainted;

They will get aquainted but it will take time. It's best to have them close to each other but seperated until they do. I like to quarantine new birds from the others for a short time anyhow unless I'm sure of where they came from.

·
Registered
366 Posts
CharlieEcho said:
They will get aquainted but it will take time. It's best to have them close to each other but seperated until they do. I like to quarantine new birds from the others for a short time anyhow unless I'm sure of where they came from.
I do the same thing, but also the have to reestablish the pecking order too

·
1,466 Posts
lock them all in the coop or whatever you have & they should have things worked out within a couple days. as long as there is no blood leave them alone. if you mess with them & try to baby them this process will take even longer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts