New chicken

Discussion in 'Breeds & Genetics' started by BootedBantam, Sep 28, 2012.

1. BootedBantam

BootedBantam New Chicken Mom

This chicken was given to me by a neighbor, he said it was 8 months old. Does anyone know what it is? I plan to re-home her, but want to know what she is?

Attached Files:

2. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Yes mam I'd say she's a Wyandotte. I've got a silver laced & gold laced.. Why are you going to rehome? Bring her when you bring Outlaw, I'll trade you some Rubs for the pair. Lol
    good luck to ya..

3. oakwood

oakwood New Member

She is a beautiful laced Wyandotte hen .
    You are very lucky to have her :cool:

4. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

She looks like a very nice girl. Gorgeous & healthy too! Do you have to rehome her? As everyone tells me, what's one more? ;) (And now as I say this to you, I'm taking in my littlest cousin's lone hen. Last survivor from a fox attacking and killing the rest.)

5. rob

rob New Member

lovely bird that. why dont you keep her ?

6. BootedBantam

My girlfriend might take her. She cleaned out her shed, waiting for her to stop by later to see if she wants it, if not I shall keep the butterball. She is just so big, dying to see her eggs. She was tamer last night, today she was skittish, so I put her in the kennel for a bit instead of with Outlaw. I like the small banties compared to the big birds. The big birds need more land. We will see what happens.

7. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Here's mine, silver as gold.. Suzy and Penny. She would make me a beautiful trio...

Attached Files:

8. BootedBantam

I put her at my friends house, she has a bigger yard and we plan to get more chickens together. I want more birds. Her shed is cleared out and plan to make some boxes for her this weekend. We plan to share the cost and eggs. Can't wait for eggs. He said she was a good egg layer, so I am excited to have eggs. I also noticed the bird eating her own poo? What is that? She also ate all the egg shells in my girlfriends garden. Does she need more calcium?

9. BootedBantam

P.S. I love all your birds Cogburn, you have so many...beautiful pics. Call southwest and see how much to fly from Idaho to Texas with birds. LOL

10. MatthewBK

MatthewBK Chicken Lover

It might be a sign that she needs more calcium. Sometimes hens just get into the habit of eating their eggs, a very bad habit. Easily fixed if she has a specific spot she lays at though.
    She might need more calcium though. I suggest giving her some oyster crumbs/shells. That's one of the things I give to my girls for calcium and they just love them. :)

11. BootedBantam

She is in good hands. Plus she lives down the street from me and she will staying in the family. She's the goose who is going to lay our golden eggs.!! I have permision to drop off more hens "} Her name is Bellina. Going to build coop in shed and build a small flock. They can free range in her yard. Yeah!! Building my own chickenland, one backyard at a time.

12. BootedBantam

guess who already let the chicken in her home...chicken fever is spreading!!

Attached Files:

13. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Glad she has a couple chicken nuts for owners !! They are a lot of fun, congrats ladies !

Cogburn

14. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

What a sweet hen. I'd let her in too. My Roo used to come in every afternoon after school and watch TV with me until I fell asleep. Then my Dad would take him back out to the coop. He was such a sweet Roo.

15. MatthewBK

MatthewBK Chicken Lover

Gorgeous birds! I have some Wyandottes and I just love the way they look. :)

16. BootedBantam

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't lol..........chickens are fun. I am on a chicken high right now!! Going to visit the lady I got my girls from and grab two more girls. They will be small bantams. Go see her this week. I am looking for another wyandotte for my girlfriends coop and plan to visit a hatchery, too. Too excited to get this chicken family going.

I also spoke to a friend I haven't seen in a while and she has an egg co-op.......What? Very happy!!

17. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Booty, you are on a roll girl. Good luck with all your newest adventures. Chickens chickens everywhere. Big ones little ones some the size of your head.

18. BootedBantam

Is that a form of henpecking in the forum?

I actually found a silver laced wyandotte hen. Pick her up in the morning. The two hens will be our beggining of our egg laying flock.

19. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I wasn't pecking. That was the coconuts song. I've got a lovey bunch of coconuts. Sorry, I was just in a good mood. Appologise if I offended you.