Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
New Chicken Mom
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many people on the forum are new to chickens and just starting out?

Would anybody be interested in starting a new chicken moms club?

·
Registered
16 Posts
jmc0319 said:
I am totally new. No chickens yet. Just planning the coop build.
I'm in the same phase. I want to get everything ready before I get any chicks. I have decided on the daisy coop. It's really cute my only problem is trying to think of how I can move the run around. I heard or read that it is good to move it so the grass does not die out. Well happy reading and this is a wonderful place.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks a lot and good luck to you also. I am still deciding but know I want to build my coop and run. We will see how that turns out. Plenty of ideas and opinions online which is great. This is a great place!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm new to raising chickens! This was my first summer (got my baby chicks April 1st) and this will be my first winter. I'm a bit worried about that! Count me in! Jen:)

·
197 Posts
I'm a newbie too :) Hubby and I assembled the coop the other day and I'll be getting my first hens on Sunday. I would love to be in the new chicken moms club!!

·
New Chicken Mom
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet....It also helps me seperate the names and figure out who is who. I am new and love hearing from all new moms. Plus chicken friends are always nice.

·
New Chicken Mom
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On this thread......there is no list, just hard to figure out who's who's. I just thought it would be nice to all raise our chickens together and learn and share as we go. You are now on the list lol

So down with Rooster Rob. Love it!

·
Registered
839 Posts
I am a chicken newbie as well. I got my first ones in July and added a few more in August. I was given a rather large and beautiful coop. I have 12 hens. I had 2 chicks that ended up being little roosters so I had to return them. The lady i got them from was an angel and traded me a couple hens for them. First hard thing about having chickens so far, the whole family was attached already.

·
Happee ChickenSuperMomma
150 Posts
I'm new, too! I got my first pullets in August & added some more in September for a total of 11. :)

I'm in deep south Texas, where it's always hot! :p Hoping for eggs starting around December or January.

·
New Chicken Mom
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone for being supportive....I think we have a great group. Looks like we are waiting for eggs. I know I am.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts