Neighbors Visiting

Discussion in 'Behavior & Flock Management' started by Jeremysbrinkman, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Jeremysbrinkman

Jeremysbrinkman New Member

I come home from work today to find 3 strange roosters in my yard. My girls free range most of the day. I know my neighbor has chickens because I hear the roosters crow. They were beautiful. I just worry about illnesses. They looked like game roosters. They were kinda small. One was you r typical red rooster and another one was a yellowish white like a silver dickering.

2. Jeremysbrinkman

Sorry that was suppose to say duck wing. Not what it did say.

3. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Cool! What if they join your flock for good lol.

4. Jeremysbrinkman

I don't know 3 roosters that just seems like overkill.

5. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Gee's the girls are bringing home boyfriends already? :D

6. Jeremysbrinkman

They were back again this morning. I got a pic of the one as close as I could get to him. He was dancing for the girls while the were still inside the coop this morning. I tried to show you how close he was to them.

Attached Files:

7. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

What a flirt! Might have to keep the girls penned a bit more with those persistent boys coming over.

8. Jeremysbrinkman

I am good with having chicks. Might not be pure breeds but they still lay eggs

9. adorson

adorson Member

I think they would make a great addition to your flock and your girls seem to like them! :)

10. Jeremysbrinkman

I would keep him but the neighbor might get mad if I do. He is beautiful and his crow is quite.

11. robopetz

robopetz New Member

From those pics they are nice looking roos.

12. cogburn

cogburn New Member

If you can't get close enough to inspect them, I would try to find the owner, and return them. They may look healthy and then mingle with your chickens and spread sickness or disease. Just better to be safe than sorry. Maybe set a trap and try to catch them so you can check them out up close. Just my opinion.
    Good luck !

13. Pinkter

Pinkter Member

Cogburn, you may have told me but where in NE Texas are you? I'm in Leonard just between Bonham and Greenville. Just curious!

14. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Ask the neighbor if they are his. If they are, then he will either get them, or allow them to hang out at your house. When you ask if they are his, then maybe you can get a look at his set up, and see what his operation looks like, if it's clean, if his birds are well taken care of, ect.. ;)

15. BigECart

BigECart New Member

Cogburn left the board in the beginning of the month.

16. shickenchit

shickenchit New Member

Happy Holidys Pete and Wanda

17. Jeremysbrinkman

I have been on vacation since the 15th if the boys are still there and I can get them in the coop they will become permanent residents.

I did talk to the the guy that " they belonged to" before I left and he said his brother abandoned them so he just let them out. There was a flock of 10 birds and only the 3 roosters have survived. I believe they will make excellent additions to my flock.

18. robopetz

robopetz New Member

What good news! I'm sure they will like your offer for a nice home.

19. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

They are either smart or quick or mean little buggers if they are the only survivors!!!

20. Jeremysbrinkman

I have left the coop open until after dark since I have been back off vacation and none if the 3 have entered. I don't think they are mean just smart and quick.