Chicken Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is Chippy my chicken, hatched From a lot of eggs I got off eBay, (hatched March 2011).
The eggs were said to include: Pekin bantams, Silkie Bantams, and lavender Arucana bantams(- no green eggs came and none of the females that hatched lay green eggs by the way). Out of the 6 eggs, 4 hatched, 1 mottled Pekin (rooster), 1 partridge Pekin (girl), 1 black Silkie (girl) and chippy(girl).

Guessing she is a partridge Silkie cross Pekin but not entirely sure- she has feathered feet and 5 toes on each foot, with a dark(button/walnut comb)

Thanks if anyone can help identify her! (she lays shiny pinkish eggs if that helps) :)

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
She does look like a Silkie cross the Comb and the toes are a giveaway. Very pretty Girl!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Actually she looks like a cross between a salmon and silkie they both have 5 toes (I have a silkie with 6 toes but only on one foot) and that button comb is silkie but the breast pattern looks a lot like a salmon but it could e a mix of 20 chickens Pink eggs? Maybe it's part Easter bunny also. Check that tail for cotton. LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
just throwing this out there.... hear Aruacana mixes CAN lay pink eggs, maybe shes silkie x arucana??? :) pretty girl I would love to find out because ... quite frankley.... I WANT ONE!!! :-D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm she's definitely Silkie-something, I just stumbled upon a picture of a chicken that looks incredibly similar in smallholder magazine (June 2009 cover photo) so I'm gonna try and get get hold of the issue to see if she's labelled. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts