Chicken Forum banner

My rooster

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Chick named small fri 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
My rooster hazelnut has a wound on the back of his comb. It all black i don't know if that's fine. We sprayed some wound cleaner on it to clean infestation if he has one. But is he ok what do you think.
Phasianidae Cone Red Creative arts Comb
Hair Head Bird Phasianidae Beak
Bird Plant Chicken Phasianidae Comb

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you both. I wanted to make sure my chicken child is ok. I have lost many birds to wounds. Most of them hens. But we have saved to that were like that. Rain and her mom storm. Although we had to put storm down in July this year due to fly strick and a prolapse. I did not want her to suffer then die. So my dad put her down and buried her in my pet gave yard along with her sisters penny, fire the 3rd, and candy corn. Rain still sleeps in the house as in her crate in my house.

#6 ·
I've dealt with fowl pox. It's not fun for infected birds. It can be a mild strain or severe strain and it usually takes anywhere from a month to two months for birds to get over it. It also depends how large your flock is. The good news is that birds will be immune to that particular strain thereafter.
Worse is wet pox and birds can starve to death from it. It's best to cull birds with wet pox. There is no treatment since both dry and wet pox are a virus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.