Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my four newest babies, about 11 weeks old. Of course one turned out to be a cockrel (that's Eggnog). The others are Lemon Drop, Licorice, and Ducky. We've been trying to integrate them with the older 4 without much success. (We have 3 cockrels and one pullet in the first group, for now.)
Smile Vertebrate Botany Mammal Happy
Bird Pet supply Bird supply Beak Plant
Bird Phasianidae Chicken Comb Beak
Bird Vertebrate Beak Accipitridae Mammal

Registered
Chick Lover
They all look so amazing together! It's a joy to see them being so loved and well taken care of!
They all look really healthy and happy! You have beautiful birds!馃槝

Registered
These are my four newest babies, about 11 weeks old. Of course one turned out to be a cockrel (that's Eggnog). The others are Lemon Drop, Licorice, and Ducky. We've been trying to integrate them with the older 4 without much success. (We have 3 cockrels and one pullet in the first group, for now.)
View attachment 42510 View attachment 42511 View attachment 42512 View attachment 42513
what cute Easter Eggers! We have one pullet and she is weird... she started laying and has not for about 4 months, and she throws up every now and then. (she also has a crossbeak.) Anyway, love those chickens!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:ROFLMAO:馃ぃyes agreed! It started with: Lets get a couple of Plymoth rocks... now it's 13 and looking to breed more!
I started with 4 that my school hatched. Only one turned out to be a pullet. So I bought 4 more sexed pullets. Now one of them is a cockrel! So now I OBVIOUSLY need more girls!! #chickenmath

Registered
Chick Lover
what cute Easter Eggers! We have one pullet and she is weird... she started laying and has not for about 4 months, and she throws up every now and then. (she also has a crossbeak.) Anyway, love those chickens!
Technically I haven't ever had a chicken with crossbeak or one that has ever vomited so I wouldn't know..

Registered
I LOVE how affectionate your chickens are. Mine were well on their way. But my son gets so excited, he grabs them quickly. This of course startles them and has made them skittish. Sigh.

I love your colors too! They are lovely.

Registered
I LOVE how affectionate your chickens are. Mine were well on their way. But my son gets so excited, he grabs them quickly. This of course startles them and has made them skittish. Sigh.

one your chickens love you: THEY LOVE YOU.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Hopefully they'll become accustomed to it, especially as your son grows. They can definitely tell people apart, so maybe they won't be as skittish toward you when your son is not with you.

I'd love to see photos!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts