Chicken Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes they are both buff silkies. They had a very looong trip from Illinois all the way home to me in California! Their trip took two days and I recieved them in the afternoon last wed. My oldest one 8 weeks old got her first hair cut. Her crest was soo big she couldn't see a thing so I trimmed it up for her around her eyes! I'm so thankful they are healthy and happy. Thank God! I was worried with such a long trip. over 1,000 miles. They are California birds now :). They Are such a joy!! I forgot how fun babies could be! I just love to watch their little sparing in the morning over pecking order. They BOTH are DNA confirmed females. Their names are peep the oldest and peepers the baby.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are sisters same mom and dad born Three weeks apart.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are silkies hard to get in the states? In the UK they are easy to get hold of, I would love some but my current flock might not take to them

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I've been fortunate to find a few breeders that sell them but show quality can be very expensive here in the states. I have a three mouth old Dna sexed female shipping out tuesday and this female was 125.00. So some silkies can be pretty expensive. My babies were only 15 dollars each. But this new bird was very expensive. I'll show her pic when she arrives. I think this particular breeder is a bit over priced but she is the closest breeder to where I live. And I wanted a SQ female . she will also be a buff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts