Chicken Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My mystery hen was found downtown near a bar. A neighbor brought her to me knowing I have chickens. Well I always thought she was probubly a red sex link or something but I was told tonight by a seasoned chicken person that my red hen was not sex link and that she was much larger that the TSC red sex links. So anyway, you guys want to make a guess ??

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
I have heard that Golden Comets and Golden Sexlinks are the same thing, but I don't know, but that looks like a healthier version of the Golden Comet that my neighbor had. She was a sweetie!! And she was taller than a one gallon water, or feeder.

·
1,466 Posts
Looks like a golden comet to me....
golden comet, red star, red sexlink
all the same breed
different people sell them using different names but the birds are all the same breed from my understanding.

do you think she was downtown at the bar having a few brews & forgot how to get back home?
keep her off the beer :D

·
chicken bum
136 Posts
piglett said:
golden comet, red star, red sexlink
all the same breed
different people sell them using different names but the birds are all the same breed from my understanding.

do you think she was downtown at the bar having a few brews & forgot how to get back home?
keep her off the beer :D
Black sex link called black star too right?

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol I showed her pic on another website and so gar everyone has given me a different guess. lol Guess she trully is a mystery. She may be mixed as well.

·
977 Posts
She looks like my Reba. I was told she was a Cinnamon Queen. I think it's just another name for a comet.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not a clue but I just had to tell you what a pretty girl she is!!!
Thanks, I couldnt ask for a better chicken. She lays extra large brown eggs, is quiet, and kinda just does her thing without bothering anyone.

·
1,466 Posts
Thanks, I couldnt ask for a better chicken. She lays extra large brown eggs, is quiet, and kinda just does her thing without bothering anyone.
does she roost?
we had redstars that would just stay on the floor even at night.
the thing about redstars is they are EZ to catch which is a bad thing if something with big teath shows up. most pure breeds will run or fly away but not redstars, so please make sure you have a good strong fence to keep her safe for many years to come

piglett

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does she roost?
we had redstars that would just stay on the floor even at night.
the thing about redstars is they are EZ to catch which is a bad thing if something with big teath shows up. most pure breeds will run or fly away but not redstars, so please make sure you have a good strong fence to keep her safe for many years to come

piglett
She roosts in the coop with the rest of the flock. As for a fence, I free range most of the time.

·
1,466 Posts
She roosts in the coop with the rest of the flock. As for a fence, I free range most of the time.
i know for a fact that redstars don't fare so well when something comes to attack the flock
the hatcherys breed them to be layed back so they can catch them when needed.

good luck
piglett

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'd say she is one of the red sex link breeds or a mutt with a red sex link parent. She seems more stout than most sex links i have seen. I guess it doesn't really matter since she does her job well for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts