Chicken Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have two Polands and I think they are both laying (due to two distinct sizes of eggs). The most exciting thing is that I have three Plymouth Barred rocks and one of them (all from the same hatching but one looks more mature with her comb and wattles and cheeks a lovely bright red) hay layed. I thought they might wait till the spring! I have been weighing the eggs and the first one was 43g. The fifth one a whopping 74g!! Is this normal?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LittleWings said:
Congratulations. That is a nice size egg. I weighed a Leghorn egg the other day that seemed a little large for her and it was 72g. That would be awesome if your PBR kept laying that size. :)
Actually - haven't had one that big since - they are all about 50g now. I think they may still get bigger. The giant one turned out to be a double yoker - delicious!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My three Plymouth Barred Rocks are all laying pretty much one egg each per day. One of them though lays eggs with rough patches on the pointy end. They obviously have the same diet. Any ideas what this could be? ImageUploadedByChicken Forum1397672987.300401.jpg ImageUploadedByChicken Forum1397673033.587500.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Chicken Forum

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts