Chicken Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nope. If she's behaving normally she's taking a break for laying. She might even be getting ready to start a molt.
All mine molted in September. They looked pitiful. She was the one who never stopped laying. Maybe she is just taking a break.

·
Registered
387 Posts
All mine molted in September. They looked pitiful. She was the one who never stopped laying. Maybe she is just taking a break.
She laid yesterday afternoon. Only missed one day. I have a little EE 25 weeks who has not started laying. Her sister has been laying since last week. Now all the other chickens shun her. Will they welcome her back when she starts laying? I had an Australorp who did not lay until she was 32 weeks old. They treated her like crap and never did get better. I gave her to a friend where she is now top hen,

·
Administrator
22,606 Posts
There is no telling why they shun a particular bird. Most of the time it's because something is wrong with it. Not laying shouldn't have anything to do with it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Changing the subject bit but I have a Golden Comet who has laid every single day since she was 15 weeks old. She is now 16 months old. Yesterday is the first day she has not laid an egg and she has not laid today, She seems perfectly fine running around and jumping up to sit in my lap as usual. Is this something I should be very concerned about?
Or she might be slowing down due to cold weather if it's winter weather where you live. So you don't need to worry.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts