Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So a couple days ago i saw my silkie eggs witch means casper and cody are laying. This also means my lavender orpingtons are laying to. I am really happy. Although I have 50 eggs on my counter but thats fine. Tricut and suger cookie should start to lay in march or april. Floof hens in nests are cutei just learned. So that eas fun. So floofy.
Vertebrate Bird nest Twig Mammal Wood

·
Administrator
22,591 Posts
Yep, 50 eggs is a few for sure.

I still can't figure out what I'm looking at. It's got to be two birds but where is the rest of the gray one?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, 50 eggs is a few for sure.

I still can't figure out what I'm looking at. It's got to be two birds but where is the rest of the gray one?
Nope just 1 bird. Casper does look like two bird. Woth her gray body and white neak. Huh.

·
Administrator
22,591 Posts
A bit too far away. But it wasn't the buff in the nest, it was the white head with the grey body.

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,384 Posts
What?? How many chickens do you have the fact that you have 50 eggs on the counter? I have 9 chickens and only get around 3-4 eggs a day, and in my fridge I only have 14 eggs or so from them.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What?? How many chickens do you have the fact that you have 50 eggs on the counter? I have 9 chickens and only get around 3-4 eggs a day, and in my fridge I only have 14 eggs or so from them.
Hmmn well now all my birds -2 are laying also -8 so i have around 10 11 hens laying. And yes we will block off the bottom coop with chicken wire.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL Well, that's not good. You might have to block it off until they realize you don't want them laying under there.
Casper

Attachments

·
Administrator
22,591 Posts
That coloration is still odd. I might expect on a male but not a female. To have the white head and creamy body is unusual.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That coloration is still odd. I might expect on a male but not a female. To have the white head and creamy body is unusual.
Oh i did not know. Is that a bad thing?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hmmn well now all my birds -2 are laying also -8 so i have around 10 11 hens laying. And yes we will block off the bottom coop with chicken wire.
Changing the subject bit but I have a Golden Comet who has laid every single day since she was 15 weeks old. She is now 16 months old. Yesterday is the first day she has not laid an egg and she has not laid today, She seems perfectly fine running around and jumping up to sit in my lap as usual. Is this something I should be very concerned about?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts