Chicken Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my hen face is just inflating when she breathes I’m not sure why. I clean her nose cuz there black stuff in it and I also gave her vet rx cuz I thought maybe a respiratory problem? Like she sometimes pauses to swallow her food and sometimes chokes. There not rlly any smell comi from her nose jus a bit occasionally but when I wipe it off it’s gone. So any suggestions? Is she sick? Cuz she still acts normal and does her fav things like dust bathing. She sometimes lifts her head up and opens mouth whenever I cuddle her.

·
Administrator
18,666 Posts
If she has the fungal disease that dawg suspects then none of this is unusual. It just means it's spreading.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If she has the fungal disease that dawg suspects then none of this is unusual. It just means it's spreading.
Oh no will it spread to everyone?? Cuz she has been like that for like 2 months .. and could it be like a respiratory disease or something?

·
Administrator
18,666 Posts
It's not fungal, that's what slipped out of my brain earlier. If it's canker it very much spreadable to the flock. Read your original post on this topic. It was covered and how you needed to treat it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not fungal, that's what slipped out of my brain earlier. If it's canker it very much spreadable to the flock. Read your original post on this topic. It was covered and how you needed to treat it.
It’s been almost 2 months and it still hasn’t really spread to the flock is it because it takes time or.. because they just acting normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts