My ex-friend/ex-landlord won't allow me to retrieve my chickens!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Renee8888, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Renee8888

Renee8888 New Member

I am trying to get legal help to get my 10 laying hens and 1 rooster from my prior landlord. I have proof of purchase receipts and supplies I purchased. I have not nor do I plan on relinquishing ownership of these chickens to my prior landlord. I know it may sound weird, but based on how I care for them and feed them, egg production for them is worth $7.99 per dozen retail at Fred Meyer. There are 3 laying hens that are estimated to lay 250 eggs per year, and I have 10 laying hens of several different varieties.

2. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

You won't find it here. Your recourse is contacting a lawyer in your area.

Slippy likes this.

3. Slippy

Slippy Member

We should all endeavor to get along...

Poultry Judge and Irina Penanen like this.
  4. Overmountain1

Overmountain1 Active Member

Good luck. I don’t know much about that, other than livestock should be considered the property of the owner. If it’s an eviction issue (not saying it is, just IF) then your fastest recourse is to contact local LEO and see if they will supervise you going to pick them up. Personally, I wouldn’t let anyone keep me from my birds, even if I had to steal them in the night and then deal with the fallout from that! I’m sorry we can’t be more help, those kinds of situations are so individual that the only ones to help are likely lawyers and LEO. Best wishes.

Poultry Judge likes this.