Chicken Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got Roxanne another fuzzy toy with squeakers in it. It's about 15 inches long, fuzzy, and has squeaky things in it. It's got to be the 7th one she's had. Nothing special.

Well she won't stop whining. This has gone on for hours. She sits with it or walks around with it, and she's friendly if I take it, no possessiveness. But it's like she's so happy she cries all the time, or some weird thing going on in her head.

My food obsessed dog would not come for a treat. I ended up taking her out to pee without her asking me. She brought that toy to me to play but then changed her mind. She's Emotional over this toy!!!!!! It's so weird. Why this toy and not one of the hundreds of others?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Is it the only toy that squeaks? My dog has one favorite toy but he'll go after any toy I toss around.
I cant believe how big your dog has grown, seems like you just got her.

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
I have one that does that. A hundred pound dog that whines if you say you're going to touch his stuffed squeak toy, whines whiles he making it squeak, whines if he wants you to touch it.

This last one has lasted years now. He's given up trying to get the squeakers out the only reason it's still around.

Oh add in some moans and groans around those whines.

·
Banned
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea Dawg, she's a big girl . She weighs about 45 pounds.

Robin, glad to hear I'm not the only one with a nutso dog. She's never acted this way before.

·
Banned
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made me wonder if hormones might not be also kicking in.
That was a thought I had. She had a heat about 6-8 weeks ago and was spayed a month later which is about 3 weeks ago.

She does carry this thing with a soft mouth. If I take it she does not bite down on it. Maybe there's a particular squeak tone that is sparking a reaction.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
With her 1st heat and subsequent spaying might have kicked in mommy hormones and she has adopted it as her baby.That happened w/ one of the our birds.She eventually got over it but she sat on it for 4 wks,would feed her baby, keep it warm and was very protective.It was a knot of rawhide she chewed off a toy.

·
Banned
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay toy obsession is over. She's back to normal. Dang tho. The dog needs a lot of exercise .

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
She is beautiful! ! Maybe this toy is her favorite and she treats it like a baby?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts