Chicken Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my almost 3 week old chicks. I have been hiding for a while, but thought I would post pics of my girls, hopefully all girls! This is my second brooder, they quickly outgrew their first. I have 12 total and I am hoping for lots of eggs come July! They hatched around 2/11, so they are pushing 3 weeks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hi! Welcome aboard. Where are you from? Nice brooder set up you have! Little ones look happy and healthy. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to all. I live in Eastern North Carolina near the coast. The chicks are red pullets, but not sure of exact breed yet. I'm leaning towards either New Hampshire Reds, or Production Reds. I wanted hens that would lay large brown eggs and be productive. My math was a little fuzzy last night, as they are actually going on 4 weeks this coming Monday. I had them in a large plastic tote, but they quickly outgrew that and had to upgrade to this cage. It is an old ferret cage that where I work no longer wanted, so I asked for it and modified slightly with plywood bottom and sides.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Love it when things can be repurposed. Ferret cage works perfect the way you modified it. Chicks grow up so fast. Wish they'd stay little just a wee longer. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts