Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Omg guys my little birds have been out side for a week. They still have a lot of down. But it has been like in the nineties where i live and the coop becomes a green house in the summer beacuse it is so hot.but they are so big and there personality is starting to show. I love chick at this stage of there life. I will send cute pics of them soon.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Omg guys my little birds have been out side for a week. They still have a lot of down. But it has been like in the nineties where i live and the coop becomes a green house in the summer beacuse it is so hot.but they are so big and there personality is starting to show. I love chick at this stage of there life. I will send cute pics of them soon.
Cute baby birds
Arm Shoulder Plant People in nature Gesture
Plant Wood Botany Terrestrial plant Grass
Plant Branch Terrestrial plant Wood Tree
Plant Wood Terrestrial plant Forest Trunk

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
They look really great. I put some of mine, about the same age as yours, outside too. Your pen looks really nice and I use a lot of natural branches too. It's better for their feet to have perches of different sizes. But beware, many predators would find it easy to dig under the sides and get a snack. If you might have predators, and everyone does, I'd recommend putting chicken wire on the bottom. That way they would still have access to greens and dirt, but be safer.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look really great. I put some of mine, about the same age as yours, outside too. Your pen looks really nice and I use a lot of natural branches too. It's better for their feet to have perches of different sizes. But beware, many predators would find it easy to dig under the sides and get a snack. If you might have predators, and everyone does, I'd recommend putting chicken wire on the bottom. That way they would still have access to greens and dirt, but be safer.
Hmmm we are always moveing it and we let our dogs out every day. We have not seen the fox yet. Also they go in the coop at night. And we have to peaces of wood and a large rock closeing the gaps on the top.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Hmmm we are always moveing it and we let our dogs out every day. We have not seen the fox yet. Also they go in the coop at night. And we have to peaces of wood and a large rock closeing the gaps on the top.
Night is what I was thinking of so if they're put in the coop at night you're probably safe as is.

·
Registered
Chick Lover
1,739 Posts
Oooh nice I never saw a chick hatch in real life
Oh you haven't? My sister used to hatch chicks. The one time she was hatching them so many nice things were happening, my sisters chicks were pipping out of their eggs, my grandparents were coming, it was my birthday and it was thanksgiving

·
Registered
I have 3 chickens named chestnut, buttercup and sunfish!
1,540 Posts
Oh you haven't? My sister used to hatch chicks. The one time she was hatching them so many nice things were happening, my sisters chicks were pipping out of their eggs, my grandparents were coming, it was my birthday and it was thanksgiving
I really wanna see my broody hen hatch some eggs

·
Registered
364 Posts
I was so careful with the chicks I raised myself. I fed them what they are "supposed" to have plus treats of dry oatmeal. My Granddaddy always said if you feed chicks oatmeal none will die. This has proved true for me. I put them in the chicken house in a brooder with heat. I have 4 chicks raised by the mama. in two days, they were outside. They roam around and eat whatever they want. They are 10 weeks old and have done great.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was so careful with the chicks I raised myself. I fed them what they are "supposed" to have plus treats of dry oatmeal. My Granddaddy always said if you feed chicks oatmeal none will die. This has proved true for me. I put them in the chicken house in a brooder with heat. I have 4 chicks raised by the mama. in two days, they were outside. They roam around and eat whatever they want. They are 10 weeks old and have done great.
Cool

1 - 20 of 20 Posts