Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my silkies, Chicky Hen, is broody now! My grandpa has been wanting to get a new flock of chickens because his last hen died a few weeks ago. He only has his 8 year old dying rooster now.

I put 4 silkie eggs under Chicky Hen and she is so small she can't fit another. hopefully they are all hens or at least 2 are hens. if there is more than 1 rooster im sure my grandpa will eat him. I will hopefully update everyone once i candle the eggs in a few days.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are from my birds. silkies only though.

I'm not sure which hen you are referencing. I haven't had any birds get sick or die lately so she's probably doing great.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I reposted about marking her eggs and taking one away.

another one of my silkies went broody. Karen this time. Looks like we’re getting quite a few chickens. I candles all the eggs today but it was bright so I only saw 4 of the 6 eggs had veins.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All 6 are developing! Hopefully we get a nice assortment of colors. We have a white hen, a buff hen, and a dark brown hen, so hopefully we get all 3 colors. Our roo is a buff silkie so I have a feeling we will get a lot of buff chicks.

·
Administrator
24,189 Posts
With Silkies you can't go on there being a bunch of buffs. Only if the buff rooster and buff hen bred. The one that like so much is a partridge. It's anyone's guess what the white hen will produce since they are recessive white.

You have to wait just like the rest of us to see what hatches.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The white hen keeps stealing chicky hens eggs. I’ve watched her do it. I came into the coop today to find all 6 of chicly hen’s eggs plus the 2 eggs that are Karen’s under Karen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts