My chicken coop

Discussion in 'Coops, Runs and Housing' started by hollyosborn, Jul 29, 2012.

1. hollyosborn

hollyosborn HollyOsborn

ok its not state of the art perfection, BUT.. its the best i could do with what i had to work with.... Transformed 3/4th of the old sheep shed and loading chute into HOME.
    and yes, i know.. it needs raked out... i rake it out and they rush to dirty it up again.. haha.

Attached Files:

• 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      94.6 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      58.9 KB
      Views:
  2. rob

rob New Member

chicken keepers are the best at recycling

3. hollyosborn

hollyosborn HollyOsborn

Very true, i had someone give me a pickup load of old red barnwood.. there was tons of chicken wire here and my landlord is awesome, use whatever! build build build lol...

4. Apyl

Apyl New Member

The best coops are recycled coops :) Chickens dont need fancy coops to be happy , good job.

5. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Nothing wrong with that coop, good job and imagination.! If it serves the same purpose and gets the job done, go for it ! Nice job !

6. hollyosborn

hollyosborn HollyOsborn

thank you all, they seem to love it.. i do to.. as ive spent many hours watching them lay eggs.. LOL...

7. ThreeJ

ThreeJ New Member

Looks good, I always try to make do with what I got.:cool:

8. 2rain

2rain New Member

Looks so good!

9. 2rain

2rain New Member

10. DanielleBoland

DanielleBoland New Member

My coop is made out of an old well house lol its a lil short but i just gotta dunk wen i go in and out but the chickens love it

11. rena88651

rena88651 New Member

I think rustic, reclaimed things are the best!

12. Elfinworld

Elfinworld New Member

That's a perfectly fine chicken coop! Great job!

Our nursery/bantam coop is made from all used materials as well. My parents had given us wood and we had pallets and leftover hardware cloth and chicken wire and 2x4's and we built a coop and run! I think the only things we bought were the hinges:).

13. hennypenny68

hennypenny68 New Member

My latest coop is called the retirement home for the hens that don't lay much any more. It's the box of a old one ton moving van its great because its all metal so it really secure free of draft in the winter and will never rot. When I get a chance I will take some pics and all the wood and fencing is recycled as well.