My Blackie!

Discussion in 'General Chicken Discussion' started by sandra, Jan 15, 2013.

1. sandra

sandra New Member

Here is a picture of me and Blackie my rooster. He's such a sweetie pie. He gives snuggles all the time. He loves it when I stick my fingers deep in his feathers and gently rub his skin. So soft and warm. I loves this rooster! :)

Attached Files:

2. rob

rob New Member

hes a beut. he looks a big lad as well

3. sandra

sandra New Member

He is a big boy. He's not even a year old yet. Only nine months old. He follows me around the yard and dances for me. So cute. His head is twice the size of the hens. His feet are the size of the palm of my hand.

4. rob

rob New Member

wow that is a big one then. he looks great.

5. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Handsome boy! Looks like he sure loves you too!

6. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

Sandra he is HANDSOME!

7. sandra

sandra New Member

I do love that boy, and I am pretty sure he loves me too. I play with him every day. Of course, I play with all three hens too! But Blackie, he is just a special boy. What's wild is I can feel how strong he is. He is a solid muscular chicken. When he puts his claws around my finger I can feel him squeeze hard. I guess if he wanted to do some serious damage he could. So I do have a healthy respect for what he is capable of. Right now, he is loving. Hope he stays that way.

8. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Love him. How did he get the name Blackie? Or is it just that obvious?

9. sandra

sandra New Member

It's a funny story. Only one of his really long tail feathers is solid black. When he was part of a group of 25 other roosters he was dubbed "the one with the black tail". And I shortened it to Blackie. But he was always the sweetest of the bunch. So instead of being dinner he has a forever loving home.

10. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

That's one lucky feather! Lol

11. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

One lucky black feather!
    Love the story!

12. Kokoschicks

Kokoschicks New Member

Great story!! Haha I have a hen that her name is blue! Because I have one of the blue tags around her legg