Chicken Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took some pics as they moved through in their groups this afternoon.. Thanks for lookin.

BBReds
image-745153683.jpg

image-3654645631.jpg

image-3597783682.jpg

image-2740511853.jpg

Game birds and layers, eatin chicken and dumplins.. Lol true..

image-1017810536.jpg

image-3202767114.jpg

image-3540039323.jpg

image-4093152331.jpg

image-3065588531.jpg

image-1238504887.jpg

Cogburn

Attachments

·
Banned
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks y'all.. There's 30+ more that were behind the house, I d like to get them all together one day for a pic or two...

·
Banned
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Bird_slave said:
Nice looking birds. You have both standards and bantams?
Yes I have around 20 Bantys and 15 layin hens and 22 pullets at POL now, matter of fact 3 have started layin yesterday. RIR, Domineckers, Black Australorps, Red Cochin Bantys, Black Bearded Bantys, Banty Cochin/game mixes, American Game, OEG, BBReds, Seramas.. Couple red and black sex-links.. 3 Aracauna Easter Eggers and a silver and a gold laced Wyandotte..

17 cockerels and young Roosters too

·
Banned
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Rob.. That stinks no roosters.. I'll keep yours here, anytime you wanna visit or feel the need to send monetary support, I'll get ya my address..

Lol..

·
Banned
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry guys more pics.. Got some of the bunch, that I seldom see, today. Cheesy bread sticks pizza hut ! Works ever time. And the coops and nest boxes I used what I had on hand, it's all wired together, strong tie wire cut bend it double and ttwist to tighten, it can all be taken apart and moved in 3 hours. Fly pens also, (one 35'x15' the other is 24x12) needs 2 more rolls on top, for chicks and pullets, until older.. And milk crates make awesome nest boxes, easy to hang any where at any height, I live by the motto, KISS !! keep it simple stupid ! I've had chickens my whole life, in fancy exspensive barns, hen houses, and recently 2 years got back to a nice sized flock. No money, be creative !! We all have imagination.. Use it.. I even converted an old ripped trampoline and a rabbit hutch for my layers for a couple years before that. I'm recently disabled 3 almost 4 years now. Just thought I'd share.. Used a chicken tunnel to get from enclosed trampoline to the rabbit hutch, you can train chickens to do just about anything. It is on wheels and easy to move before I broke my back and legs.. Y not think out the box?!

Later
Cogburn

Attachments

·
A Round American Woman
735 Posts
So many!!! Love those chickens!! I remember when I had the big, big flock and they were everywhere. It was fun to just sit in the yard and they would wander up and get treats and just go about their day.

Thanks for the photos. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts