my babies!

Discussion in 'General Chicken Discussion' started by realsis, Jan 23, 2013.

1. realsis

realsis New Member

As any proud momma would, I want to share my pictures with you all! Meet Milly the blue bearded silkie, meet Wilma and Betty my partridge chicks! Milly is close to 3 months and the babies are about 1month. Can't believe they are finally here!

ForumRunner_20130123_144812.jpg

ForumRunner_20130123_144851.jpg

ForumRunner_20130123_144937.jpg

2. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

3. profwirick

profwirick Yaya

so dear! your Silkie is a month older than my babies, but a ringer. not sure male or female yet. the Mama is like this one,but bigger . So I'll ask my question of your thread, if I may.: This black Silkie has hideously lumpy feet. For several weeks she had eight babies pooping under her wings 24/7 and I figured it was ...you know. That's what it looks like. But it hasn't gone away. trouble?

4. realsis

realsis New Member

I would check the feet and possibly use a warm wet cloth to clean the area and get a better look at the feet. If it's just debris from the babies it should wipe away after you soften it some. If the lumps are other than debris you can get a good close look at it once cleaned. Perhaps take some pictures and post them and hopefully the old timers might know exactly what this is and what exactly to do for the problem. Also sometimes you can call your local feed store and see what they recommend once you get a good look at the area. You will be able to tell more once it's cleaned. Hopefully it's not a problem. I wish I could be of more help but I'm just learning. But I would definitely clean the feet and take a close look at what's going on. I hope this helps some. I do wish you the best. Maybe someone else has a more exact answer. Hope her feet get better soon. Best wishes.

5. profwirick

profwirick Yaya

thanks for your reply. I got a picture. will try to attach it here.

image-1311580418.jpg

can't find the close up. will try again.

6. realsis

realsis New Member

I wish I could blow the pictures up to get a closer look. I can't really see the lumps in your pic. Did you clean them up and get a close look? Is it possible someone is pecking at her feet? Sometimes this happens?? Just a thought. Look how much your silkie looks like mine! They are twins! I just had to show you! About the same age too!

ForumRunner_20130125_090405.jpg

7. realsis

realsis New Member

Here's her side view

ForumRunner_20130125_091053.jpg

Attached Files:

8. profwirick

profwirick Yaya

do they lose the frizz as they mature? I'm wondering if Mama Rosa looked like Griffin when she was that age...

9. profwirick

profwirick Yaya

image-3756279164.jpg

best shot I could get in dusky light. can you see? I'm trying to tell myself it's a breed thing, like the feathery feet???