Chicken Forum banner

My 4 chickens vanished with out a trace

1K views 26 replies 3 participants last post by  robin416 
#1 ·
Today, when I checked the coup to see if there were chickens in there. There were only my rooster who normally sleep in there, and my two small hen. All in the highest corner perch. Which is strange for them. My 4 chickens a rooster and 3 hens. They weren't in the three animal coups. Not on there out door perches where some sleep for what ever reason. Those perches were actually broken. My three hens and rooster had just up and vanished. No feathers, no struggle, but they the living ones were acting strange. I had chickens vanished as chicks and not come back. Any ideas of where or what could of taken them.

#3 ·
It was something large enough to break those perches. Your others are acting odd because of the attack.

I would secure those three birds for several days until you figure out what happened.
They are secured in there coup but they squeeze out during the day.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks.

I was wondering later in the evening if maybe some of them got away but were hiding.
Hey so these were the strange things I found near or with the fence. Non of us drinking monster and no chicken could break that straw wire and the goats don't mess with the perches. And the fence was strangely pulled up or dug under in some spots. So these are all my photos. The Bungie is suppose to hold the bottom of the old gate and it's not on. Also the baby chicken roof (the cement boards) for out side was broken.
Road surface Asphalt Grass Composite material Tints and shades
Plant Road surface Asphalt Grass Wood
Plant community Plant Vegetation Terrestrial plant Grass
Plant Green Grass Terrestrial plant Groundcover
Plant Grass Groundcover Fence Soil
Plant Tree Wood Natural landscape Trunk
Grass Twig Plant Terrestrial plant Trunk

#8 ·
Sounds like you might have a two legged predator out there. I don't understand the fence being lifted though.

Has your dad got a game camera? Might be a good idea to set that up where it can't be seen or reached easily.
We got game cameras I was actually going to put one up hidden in the trees.

#10 ·
I put it right by the fence bend which is near the monster can. Down low out of sight of two legged creeps and catch any four legged predators. Along with that I put a second trail cam on a cardinal nest I found with eggs in it. Don't worry I didn't touch the nest or seriously bothered mama. If you would like to see those chicks journey I would love to share the photos when I check the cams.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok well I put down a new cam on the one on the fence bend all I got was goats. On the bird cam I saw the male cardinal, Leo, give his girlfriend caramel, some food. And on the new cam in the woods I caught a raccoon. Here's the photos

#19 ·
Actually they haven't shown up and I caught a fox on one of my game cams squeezing into the chicken fence. We fixed that place and clip the remaining chickens wings. But they keep ecaping. Any Ideas how to stop them?

#22 ·
Well we never seen a fox climb are fence and it's like a really really big pen we can't exactly close it plus they share the pen with the goats. Also the fox doesn't usually climb it goes under or through here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.