Chicken Forum banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
10 muscovy ducklings hatched. The last two were weak; one has died and the other is in the incubator. The other eight are strong and healthy. What a variety of colors some are black and white, brown, brown and white, one all white.
These are the free eggs that came with the pair-quite happy I am, but I wish I hadn't lost any.

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
What an absolutely adorable pic.

We all feel the same. If they hatch we want them all to survive. It hurts when they don't.

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
The duckling in the incubator is still hanging in there. When the egg was damaged the duckling lost a lot of blood, but having survived the night he has a chance.

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
I wish there was a way to replenish the missing fluids when something like that happens. If baby makes it then it certainly has a strong constitution.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
What an absolutely adorable pic.

We all feel the same. If they hatch we want them all to survive. It hurts when they don't.
They will be tearing up the place in no time!

Reactions: robin416

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I wish there was a way to replenish the missing fluids when something like that happens. If baby makes it then it certainly has a strong constitution.
He appears to be slowly getting stronger; still in the incubator.

They will be tearing up the place in no time!
Yes, there already running around, eating, and drinking.

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
These are some of my teenage muscovys. I have never seen muscovys like these in color. Your thought??

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Don't ask me. I thought calls only came in white. I like the pied look on the one.
Calls come in a lot of colors; really weird colors. I've a young pair I want to show when I get the camera. But the ducks in the pictures are muscovys. Until recently, I had never seen brown muscovy ducks.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
81 - 100 of 124 Posts