Chicken Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

One of my muscovy hen has eaten a young rat that gad been eating rat poison,it's passing blue faeces but other than that seems fine...will the poison be toxic enough to do any damage?

Thanks for any help received.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,157 Posts
One of the reasons we have a farm cat instead of using poisons. I would give the duck a dropper of liquid vitamin B for a few days and cross your fingers it wasn't enough poison to kill it. :(
Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Apyl, it's a dark shade of blue she's passing so I might give her eggs a miss for a few days too!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,466 Posts
One of the reasons we have a farm cat instead of using poisons. I would give the duck a dropper of liquid vitamin B for a few days and cross your fingers it wasn't enough poison to kill it. :(
Good luck
if i ever get my poultry barn built i'll be sure to have a mother cat in there who is on the "hot lunch program" :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking of getting a cat to help with the rats...the duck is fine by the way,she's stopped laying for the winter but she suffered no ill effects.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top