Muscovy duck off the nest at night day 17 - chances of eggs surviving? UPDATE! Ducklings hatching!

Discussion in 'Waterfowl' started by Crazie Maizie, Jul 14, 2020.

1. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

I laughed. That's something I'd do. I'd go back a day or two later and realize I had it totally wrong.

Crazie Maizie likes this.
  2. Crazie Maizie

Crazie Maizie New Member

20200804_181831.jpg 20200804_181849.jpg Mama has already got them out showing them around the area. In the 2nd pic I imagine she's saying, "See that lady, she's the one who feeds us and cleans up after us, but she can sometimes be real annoying." :D

Sylie likes this.

3. robin416

The markings on that one baby next to Momma are wild.

Since I know so little about ducks, will she take them back to the coop or stay outside with them tonight?

4. Crazie Maizie

Crazie Maizie New Member

She took them back to the coop. She had them out while I was at work today too - my husband took pics of her out with the ducklings. By the time I got home, she had them back in the coop.
    I'm not sure how long she had them out earlier, but this evening she had them out almost the whole time I was doing chores. It takes me about an hour. She walked them around the shed, around the run, back around the shed, and finally into the run and coop. She got mad and stomped her feet at them when they were doing something they shouldn't. It was kind of funny.
    I'm a little concerned as the fall brings the hawks. So, I'm going to have to keep an eye out and then maybe it's time to lock everyone in the run,

5. robin416

I'd love to see that stamping feet thing. It's just so appropriate to show frustration or displeasure.

6. Sylie

Sylie Super Moderator Staff Member

Oh Maizie, they are so adorable! They will grow fast now but you will definitely have to watch for hawks, if there isn't anyone home to watch them I would suggest locking them up.

Crazie Maizie likes this.