Movies

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by ChickenAdmin, Jun 21, 2012.

1. ChickenAdmin

ChickenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Every forum needs one. This is the official movies thread.

Anyone seen anything good lately?

I caught Drive a couple of days ago. Pretty intense, but done by the same director who did Valhalla Rising, another movie I really liked.

2. Shalva

Shalva New Member

I keep saying that I am gonna go to the movies and I feel like I never get there ... so I will be looking at this thread closely

3. rob

rob New Member

i havent been to the movies since 1977 lol. i do enjoy watching dvd's though.

4. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Looks like we have a trend going here ... It has been years ...

5. ChickenAdmin

I watch everything at home. With a four year old and a new one on the way actually going to the theaters is a hard thing to do.

6. UncleJoe

UncleJoe New Member

Last time I went to a movie it was The Lord Of The Rings. 2002-3? Yeah I don't get out much either. :rolleyes:

7. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Hey ... I have it on dvd.

But never saw it on the big screen ... ;)

What can I say ...

8. ChickenAdmin

I saw Lord of the Rings at home too. If they do a re-release I would go check it out in theaters.

9. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

I saw where they were doing a Spiderman 4 (I think it said 4) ... and no I'm not a fan. ;)

I'm thinking they need some new folks out there in movie making land with some "new" ideals!

10. ChickenAdmin

It's a new Spiderman. I wasn't a fan of the older ones.

11. ChickenAdmin

Anyone see anything lately?

12. ThreeJ

ThreeJ New Member

Last movie I went to was The Avengers. Took the kids. I enjoyed it. The kids want to see The Amazing Spiderman next.

13. Rachael

Rachael New Member

I love going to the movies and watching dvds at home.... too films that I like to list :)

14. Keith

Keith New Member

I'm a documentary junkie. Just got a pass to watch Merlove last night, got through about half and noticed it was 1AM so will finish the rest tonight.

15. ChickenAdmin

How was it?

I too watch a ton of documentaries.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1787791/ - Resurrect the Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles

This was interesting, but I still need to finish it.

16. Rachael

Rachael New Member

The Avengers was an awesome movie.... if you like Marvel then I would recommend Captain America, Thor and the Iron Man movies.

Also the Hunger Games was a really good movie and the books (its a triology) are a brilliant read... I couldn't put them down :)

17. Rachael

Rachael New Member

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is a nice light feel good movie

18. cindy

cindy New Member

we watch everything at home now too especially since I bought my hubby a top of the line 65 inch Panasonic 3D TV for his birthday so now we're collecting 3D movies and I must say Avatar in 3D is awesome!!!

19. ChickenAdmin

You like the at home 3d? Any complaints? I've looked at a couple of different models in store and was never happy with what I saw. It was fun, but when I moved it went back to 2d.

20. cindy

cindy New Member

love it! I bought him the Panasonic VIERA 65" Class VT50 Series Full HD 3D Plasma HDTV
    we also tried other brands at the stores and didn't like them. Plasma makes a huge difference the LED 3D tv's are aweful.
    just not the same effect. the Panasonic is awesome and is REAL 3D people come watch movies with us and its fun to watch them dodge objects
    that look like their coming right at them so far everyone who has been to my house to watch movies has been amazed. with our setup it doesn't matter where you move it looks the same and doesn't go in and out. my great room is 25ft x 25ft and at that distance the 3D is perfect. the only
    down side it the 65inch is very heavy...oh and there a lil expensive.