Tennessee Mille Fleur D’Uccle

Discussion in 'Chickens' started by Overmountain1, Sep 21, 2020.

1. danathome

danathome Active Member

2. danathome

danathome Active Member

I am very happy to have Charlie; he's a wonderful addition to the flock.

c2.jpg

Attached Files:

• c1.jpg
      c1.jpg
      File size:
      35.7 KB
      Views:
    Overmountain1 likes this.
  3. danathome

danathome Active Member

0.jpg

Cockerel?? I thought/think so, but the comb is nowhere near as big as its brother. Should it be a pullet, she will be a good match for Charlie.

4. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure either but if she is a she, she would certainly make a good partner for Charlie.

That was too many she's in one sentence. I was too lazy to come up with something else.

5. Overmountain1

Overmountain1 Active Member

I think she’s going to be beautiful! She should def have a larger comb by now if she was heading that direction, but I think they’ll compliment one another beautifully!

She’s got more white to her spangles, and Charlie seems to have a little heavier black accenting him- of course they’ll change it all up around 20 weeks, but I think they’ll make beautiful little babies!

Thanks for the Charlie pics too!

6. Overmountain1

And, to share a bit of my closure, we lay my favorite girl to rest yesterday. She finally passed yesterday around 4am, I was with her. She will always be missed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

I'm so sorry OM. Having had to do that with mine over the past two years I know the pain everyone is feeling.

8. danathome

danathome Active Member

Overmountain-sad to read the above.

I think she’s going to be beautiful! She should def have a larger comb by now if she was heading that direction, but I think they’ll compliment one another beautifully!

She’s got more white to her spangles, and Charlie seems to have a little heavier black accenting him- of course they’ll change it all up around 20 weeks, but I think they’ll make beautiful little babies! She/he is a golden neck d'Uccle.

Thanks for the Charlie pics too! You are welcome.

I spent the last few hours child-proofing the backyard. Poults are worse than children for getting in trouble. If there is any way to end up over the rainbow they will find it. They are just too curious for their own good and that curiosity often ends in their demise. I always breath a sigh of relief when someone wants to buy them as soon as they hatch.

9. Poultry Judge

Poultry Judge Moderator Staff Member

So sorry for your loss OM.

10. Poultry Judge

Thanks for the pics everyone!

11. Overmountain1

Ah! That’s right- I had forgotten you saying you had one golden neck too. Our other roo, the porcelain D’Uccle (TinyRoo,)has a more prominent comb, just like or a little larger than Charlie’s. So I’d say it’s a good bet on yours being female- I knew she looked lighter somehow, but I am not familiar enough with them to recognize it. (But they are beautiful! I’ve seen a picture or two of the adults.)
    Charlie looks like he’s loving life!

Ps- and thank you everyone. It’s been a long week.

12. danathome

danathome Active Member

Ah! That’s right- I had forgotten you saying you had one golden neck too. Our other roo, the porcelain D’Uccle (TinyRoo,)has a more prominent comb, just like or a little larger than Charlie’s. So I’d say it’s a good bet on yours being female-I sure hope so. Then I'd have three pullets and that would be nice. I knew she looked lighter somehow, but I am not familiar enough with them to recognize it. (But they are beautiful! I’ve seen a picture or two of the adults.)There's no telling how he/she will turn out. My Porcelains and the Golden are siblings; a cross between Golden Neck and Porcelain d'Uccle. It would seem that porcelain and golden are both dominant colors; or incomplete dominance.
    Charlie looks like he’s loving life!

Ps- and thank you everyone. It’s been a long week.

13. Poultry Judge

Thanks for the update Dan!