Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of us see microwave cookery as blasphemous in and of itself.

I've found though that a single scrambled egg will not suffer adversely from being cooked in the microwave.

1 Mug
1 Egg

Crack egg into cup. Beat egg till smooth. You should be able to run the tines of a fork through it.

Microwave for 40 seconds. It will expand pretty quickly, and look like it's going to spill over, it wont.

This is a great and quick breakfast. Put it between to pieces of toast and you have a breakfast sandwich.

You are going to have to soak (or scrub) the mug. The egg doesn't come out easily.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have done something similar with a couple of eggs lightly beaten, microwave 20 seconds, stir, microwave 20 seconds etc till cooked. I use this to top asian style rice or noodle dishes and has nice white and yellow colour as well as using no fat. Never had a problem with sticking though.

·
Registered
238 Posts
We use the Rubbermaid sandwich containers. And if you spray with Pam, it'll slide out like a dream with no messy residue to soak ;-)

·
197 Posts
I always whisk in some milk when cooking scrambled eggs, be it microwave or conventionally. Makes them very creamy and smooth. :)

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
I always whisk in some milk when cooking scrambled eggs, be it microwave or conventionally. Makes them very creamy and smooth. :)
I was about to ask if I was the only one that stirs milk into scrambled eggs!! That's the only way I scramble them. Unless I add cheese!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Austin said:
Never heard that one before.

I bet it makes it the right size for the sandwich too.

Good idea.
Ohh it's perfect sandwich size and if you want thick egg you scramble in two eggs. I also add a touch of milk and cheddar cheese for some zing ;-)
The Pam makes it slide out without any fuss or mess.

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I just spent he summer experimenting. I use milk but what I found that's better is ricotta cheese or cream cheese. It gives the eggs a very creamy consistency. I also add peppers, tomatoes, different cheeses, bacon, chives, onions, mushrooms. It depends on my mood and my dining partner. But the ricotta, cream cheese or if I'm very lucky goat cheese really makes the eggs creamy and enjoyable.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just spent he summer experimenting. I use milk but what I found that's better is ricotta cheese or cream cheese. It gives the eggs a very creamy consistency. I also add peppers, tomatoes, different cheeses, bacon, chives, onions, mushrooms. It depends on my mood and my dining partner. But the ricotta, cream cheese or if I'm very lucky goat cheese really makes the eggs creamy and enjoyable.
The ricotta holds up in the microwave?

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a heads up to everyone wanting to add anything.

I added cold meat and the eggs took considerably longer, to the point of drying out the eggs.

·
Banned
825 Posts
I cut a hole in a slice of bread...that holds the yolk....and I microwave the egg.
(sometimes with a slice of lunch-meat underneath....and sometimes with a slice of cheese on top of the egg.)
The egg comes out similar to an "Sunny-Side-Up" egg.
Suits me. and it's quick.
It is necessary to do it in short-bursts of about 20 to 30 seconds...until you get the consistency that you seek.
My microware is 900 watts.

It is much easier to just make "scrambled-egg/sausage burritos" with jalapeno (chopped) onion (chopped) and garlic (chopped) wrapped in a flour tortilla.

Just a LAZY Man's quick EATS !
ReTIRED

·
Registered
18 Posts
ReTIRED said:
I cut a hole in a slice of bread...that holds the yolk....and I microwave the egg.
(sometimes with a slice of lunch-meat underneath....and sometimes with a slice of cheese on top of the egg.)
The egg comes out similar to an "Sunny-Side-Up" egg.
Suits me. and it's quick.
It is necessary to do it in short-bursts of about 20 to 30 seconds...until you get the consistency that you seek.
My microware is 900 watts.

It is much easier to just make "scrambled-egg/sausage burritos" with jalapeno (chopped) onion (chopped) and garlic (chopped) wrapped in a flour tortilla.

Just a LAZY Man's quick EATS !
ReTIRED
Oh that sounds good!!

·
A Round American Woman
735 Posts
Hey............wanna hear a secret??

.................come closer.........................

........this slightly crazy, quite experienced, sorta nutty chicken lady................

hates eggs, can't stand them, hates them worse than anything except for coconut. I'm not even sure if I would eat eggs if I was starving to death!!

My mother made the "toad in a hole" things with the fried toast with the egg in the middle, and it was the most horrid food memory of MY ENTIRE life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate eggs..............bleck........................

However, my kids and husband love them. And I L*O*V*E to cook eggs for my family. I however do love sponge cake, and it's made with eggs. :)

But I do love my chickens!! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts