Chicken Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pickles has conjunctivitis it looks like on both eyes. Can I get ointment at Tractor Supply or call the vet? I don't think they will treat pigs, but may call the vet that boarded her in the summer and see. Poor baby!

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I got a small tube of antibiotic eye ointment from a vet just by asking when I had my dog in for a check-up.Maybe call your vet and ask for actual ophthalmic ointment.Not everything can go in the eye.I have AK-POLY-BAC Brand eye ointment if that helps.It has come in handy several times and always clears it up.Remember,conjunctivitis is highly contagious,have the girls wash their hands frequently and keep their hands away from their eyes or everybody will have it.Good luck!!!

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
That was a triple antibiotic eye ointment that I mentioned above,from a vet.You can't put any old antibiotic suave in the eye because of caustic properties that can burn the eye and cause blindness.You need something made specifically for the eye.

·
Banned
9,209 Posts
I bought Terrimycin eye ointment at one time that did nothing for them. I've been using 3x ointment for years without a problem. But that's what I do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pickles has conjunctivitis it looks like on both eyes. Can I get ointment at Tractor Supply or call the vet? I don't think they will treat pigs, but may call the vet that boarded her in the summer and see. Poor baby!
I might have something that will work... You can try Terramycin ophthalmic ointment. Make Sure she doesn't scratch or rub her eyes it will make it worse. Hope everything goes well!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts