Chicken Forum banner

Michigan Law Change to Affect Backyard Chickens

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TheChickenGuy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
GPS1504 submitted a new Article:

Michigan Law Change to Affect Backyard Chickens

All across America, backyard chicken coops have been popping up left and right. People have chosen to raise their own chickens, be it for eggs, meat, or both due to concerns about the chemicals used in mass produced eggs and meat. A lot of these backyard chicken dreams come to be a reality on small acreage. While chickens can be managed on small parcels of land, objecting neighbors have frequently voiced unfavorable opinions about these practices. City Councils have raised the issue and in...
Read more about this article here...

#4 ·
That's why I live in the country.Been there,done that.I had a cow pasture behind my property(last house).They started selling all the farms and built neighborhoods of $250k + houses and the new people didn't like my 6 chickens,passed a law and I had to get rid of my chickens that weren't even noticeable or bothering people.They were penned inside a fenced in yard.I'm much happier here anyway with my 40+ chickens and 10(+)geese and they get to run free.That was 1999 and I bought this place in 2000,though when I was looking the realtor kept pushing HOA hell holes even though I specifically stated over and over I wanted something with less rules,laws and regulations.Stupid people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.