Chicken Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday, I acquired a new member for our family. Lulu, a 35 pound Holland White turkey! She is a very sweet and curious turkey. My husband suggested butchering her for Thanksgiving, but that won't be happening! Does anyone have any tips on turkeys? I have never had them before!

ForumRunner_20130528_193156.png

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
aacre said:
On Saturday, I acquired a new member for our family. Lulu, a 35 pound Holland White turkey! She is a very sweet and curious turkey. My husband suggested butchering her for Thanksgiving, but that won't be happening! Does anyone have any tips on turkeys? I have never had them before!
Wow, she's beautiful! :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! :D I am really happy with her. She has attitude and all in all, I couldn't ask for a better turkey!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Get readdy for chicks because all four of my turkey hens either have chicks or are still setting on eggs. They get so broody. And they dont care wat type of egg it is. One of my hens has ducks, standerd and bantam chickens, and turkeys as babies. She takes very good care of them all. They are very good mothers

·
Registered
772 Posts
What a nice looking turkey you've got!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, hens have them, but they are smaller. Plus, she lays eggs, and that's the main indicator. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts