Chicken Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 Rooster and 8 hens. All BOs.

They will be one year old at the end of this month.

Rooster is starting to get a bit cocky.

Went in the run to check the feeder and he pecked me hard on the toe of my boot. First time he's done anything like that. I used the side of my foot to give him a swift push backwards a few feet. Rooster stood there giving me the evil eye.

Next day Son is home for a visit. Rooster did the same thing to the Son and the Son responded the same way I did. Rooster came back at him with both feet. Son punted the Rooster across the coop. Rooster recovered himself, thought about it for a bit and then decided the safe thing to do was to give the Son the evil eye.

And before I forget, Rooster's name is Lucky. Why Lucky? If he doesn't learn quick what the pecking order is pertaining to humans, he'll be lucky if he doesn't end up with the noddles!

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
I'm just telling y'all, a long handled fishing net is the best thing in the world to deal with goofy roosters with. You can keep them at arm's length, shoo them away, or just cap the net over them and let them think about it for awhile. They will start to give the net the evil eye, and just ignore you. :cool: Or, if you really wanna break one, use a battery operated tennis racket kind of bug killer. Kind of a rooster tazer. :eek:

·
Banned
825 Posts
I'm just telling y'all, a long handled fishing net is the best thing in the world to deal with goofy roosters with. You can keep them at arm's length, shoo them away, or just cap the net over them and let them think about it for awhile. They will start to give the net the evil eye, and just ignore you. :cool: Or, if you really wanna break one, use a battery operated tennis racket kind of bug killer. Kind of a rooster tazer. :eek:
I was wondering just WHAT those "battery-operated Tennis-Racket fly-killers" were good for !!! Harbor Freight sells them.

Like a GOOD "Smoker"....maybe...one of those.....would "cure" a MEAN Rooster !!!
I don't HAVE a "mean" rooster right now...BUT...I have had one.
He and I fought regularly. But...I always WON. ( Knocked him OUT a few times ! ) It was hard on his ego....
....but, he never quit.....I liked him for that !
( Sadly... He lost a fight with a BIG ****....while protecting HIS Flock.
I miss that Rooster. He did HIS JOB....as he saw it to be. )

R.I.P Oro Blanco de Gallo

-ReTIRED-:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts