Mariska is 10 years old this month.

Discussion in 'General Chicken Discussion' started by seminolewind, Sep 13, 2017.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind SuperModerator Staff Member

My JG is 10. She's the first hen I ever had. I think she got a bit stressed when they were all in the coop. The roo picks on her, and the 2 psychos got over the wire and attack her as well. She stayed inside all day yesterday and I lifted her out for water. Then I serve crack. I make handfuls every few feet so no one gets left out. Mr. Rooster chases each hen away from their pile to sample the goods. Mariska hides between the silkie pen and trash can. What I saw today probably happens every day. Mariska is hiding from him, and he is waiting for her to come out. Then she comes out and he attacks her. So the man got his wings cut back severely and got put back in a pen and run with the psycho sisters.

Mariska went in with the blind girl and if she wants to come out , I'll let her out. My concern is for her to get to food and water easily. She was very comfy in her Rubbermaid tub turned on it's side and filled with shavings.

P1010016 (2).jpg

chickenqueen likes this.
  2. DuckRunner

DuckRunner Active Member

Aw poor little thing!
    Keep us posted!

3. nannypattyrn

nannypattyrn Well-Known Member

My roo is doing the same thing to some of my older girls. I hate to rehome him, but it may come to that.
    Mariska is a very pretty girl. Does she still lay occ?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Chicken Forum mobile app

Maryellen likes this.
  4. robin416

robin416 Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm having trouble picturing where she is now. Does this mean she's in with the blind girl and her companion? Can anyone get in to her other than those two?

5. chickenqueen

chickenqueen Super Moderator Staff Member

Are you going to make her a birthday cake?

seminolewind likes this.
  6. seminolewind

I've noticed that since all the hens avoid the roo, he ends up wandering alone a lot. Well that's what happens when you're a pompous idiot

Maryellen, chickenqueen and robin416 like this.
  7. seminolewind

Mariska is in with the blind girl and her friend. This morning both Mariska and blind girl were sharing a dust bath! I left them with a bowl of mush.

Cake it is -later!

robin416 likes this.
  8. robin416

robin416 Super Moderator Staff Member

The older girls just really don't like the drama. I've had to put Chicklett in with one of the roos because she bullies poor old 11 1/2 year old Head Tuck. I won't stand for that.

seminolewind likes this.
  9. seminolewind

Some of those hens can be real nasty. Mariska has always been the silent alpha female. It's like no one else wanted the job.

10. Maryellen

Maryellen Well-Known Member

She is beautiful! !!happy 10th birthday!!